The Project DPro 1 Workshop is a face-to-face course that is designed to help development and humanitarian relief professionals manage their projects more effectively, leading to greater impact.
Project DPro 1 is a globally recognized project management certification for development and relief professionals. This course gives you the skills you need to manage projects through their entire project cycle, helping you successfully deliver your project on scope, on time, and on budget.
This course is offered in two, three, four and five-day options. The principal differences being the amount of time that can be spent practising and building out project management tools, action planning for next steps as well as preparing for the certification exam itself.
During the course, learners will cover everything they need to succeed in the PMD Pro exam. Course participants will learn to:
- Develop realistic project designs
- Identify, analyze, and engage stakeholders
- Elaborate project scope
- Plan effectively and develop realistic schedules
- Understand the role that effective project governance plays
- Identify, assess and respond to project risks
- Plan and organize project implementation
- Proactively manage issues and changes to deliver on time, on budget and on scope
- Monitor, evaluate and control project activity
- Define responsibilities and accountabilities for your project team
- Close down projects successfully
- Know which tools can be applied immediately to projects
- Know where to continue to learn more about project management
Frequently Asked Questions
How many hours is the course?
The number of hours varies from 17 for the two-day option to 42.5 for the 5-day option.
How many days is the course?
Two to five days depending on the option chosen.
Will I be ready to take the PMD Pro1 Exam?
Yes. By the end of the course, everyone will be ready to do the course. With the two-day option, some extra preparatory work may be necessary.
Is the PMD Pro Exam included in the cost of the course?
No. Fee levels are set by PM4NGOs and vary according to the type of organisation. More information can be provided on request.
How many people can be in a group?
Groups can be up to thirty participants.
Are certificates provided at the end of the course?
Everyone who passes the PMD Pro exam will receive a PMD Pro1 Certification from PM4NGOs. Pyramid Learning can also provide certificates of attendance.
How many people and organizations have done PMD Pro?
- Over 28,000 people in 166 countries and over 1000 organisations have engaged with PMD Pro.
Can you conduct courses in languages other than English?
Yes. We can organize training in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic. If you have a need for another language, we may also be able to help. Please get in touch and we would be happy to discuss.
How much notice do you need to organise a course?
Great question! It just depends on how busy we are. Please get in touch and we would be happy to help.
Let us know how we can help your organization do good, better.