Program DPro is a globally recognized program management certification for development and relief professionals. This course gives you the skills you need to effectively design, plan and implement programs through their entire life cycle.
How to get 2 + 2 = 5? This is at the heart of program management. How do you manage a group of projects to get greater impact and control? We will work with participants to understand the challenges that they face and give them the advice, tools, and guidance and assist them in more effectively fulfilling their role, whether that be at the local, regional, or international levels.
We will also ensure that participants are ready to take the Program DPro certification.
This course is offered in three and four-day options. The principal differences being the amount of time that can be spent practising and building out project management tools, action planning for next steps as well as preparing for the certification exam itself.
In addition, any organisation purchasing a 4-day package will also have an additional day’s consulting to help plan next steps and to advise on how to implement the difference tools and techniques.
During the course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the Program DPro phases including the disciplines and principles.
- Explain how projects, programs and portfolio interact
- Understand the relationships between projects, programs and theories of change
- Articulate the complete scope of a program, including project and non-project work and inter-project dependencies
- Practice program planning and understand how stage planning works at program and project level
- Map out the stages of a program
- Establish a culture of effective project management across the program.
- Ensure the programs and projects are well governed
- Understand the importance of issue and change management across the program
- Develop action plans to improve management of existing programs
- During the course, participants will cover everything they need to succeed in the Program DPro exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have done PMD Pro
No – but it is a really good idea! If you haven’t passed PMD Pro, you need to make sure that you are familiar with the ideas and concepts as these will be referenced.
Who is the course for?
This course is for people, who are familiar with PMD Pro and are either managing programs, large and/or complex projects or who wish to move into managing programs. It
is also appropriate for senior support staff, who are supporting country teams, programs or program managers.
How many days is the course?
Three to four days depending on the option chosen.
Will learners be ready to take the Program DPro Exam?
Yes. By the end of the course, everyone will be ready to do the course.
What is the difference between the three and four day course?
The principal differences being the amount of time that can be spent practising and building out program management management tools, action planning for next steps as well as preparing for the certification exam itself. In addition, the longer the option, the more flexibility there is to adjust to different learner and organisational needs, whilst still covering the Program Pro curriculum.
How much does it cost?
The facilitation cost for each day of training is US$1500/day – plus travel expenses.
Is the PMD Pro Exam included in the cost of the course?
No. Fee levels are set by PM4NGOs and vary according to the type of organisation. More information can be provided on request.
How many people can be in a group?
Groups can be up to thirty participants.
Can you conduct courses in languages other than English?
Yes. We can organise training in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic. If you have a need for another language, we may also be able to help. Please get in touch and we would be happy to discuss.
How much notice do you need to organise a course?
Great question! It just depends on how busy we are. Please get in touch and we would be happy to help.