An essential part of the work in development organizations is to apply for funds and write proposals. This interactive course will provide participants with the fundamentals of proposal writing and give a deeper insight into the process of proposal writing and integrating a participatory approach. This course is intended to provide general guidance on the foundations of proposal writing and is suitable for individuals and teams wanting to provide structure to their business development processes.
Module 1: Intro to Proposal Writing
An introduction to the various types of proposals (solicited and unsolicited), the proposal writing process, stakeholder engagement, and preparation for the proposal writing process.
Module 2: Proposal Writing and Identification/Definition
This module focuses on integrating proposal writing into the first phase of the project lifecycle, going through the steps of Identification and Definition from a proposal writing perspective.
Module 3: Drafting the Proposal
This module focuses on steps and practices for drafting proposals.
Module 4: Editing the Proposal and Best Practices
This module focuses on language and compliance, ensuring that proposals are written in the appropriate format and provide succinct information in required formats.
- Understand the different components of proposals.
- Develop an understanding of how to incorporate proposal writing into the project management process.
- Gain insight into utilizing a structured approach to proposal writing
- Establish a methodology for participatory proposal development and writing.
- Ensuring that proposals compelling and conclusive.
Dates for upcoming courses are found in the calendar on our home page.